Hercules Version 3: System Message Overview
This page describes the system messages for the Hercules S/370,
ESA/390, and z/Architecture emulator.
All Hercules-issued messages are of the form:
- is the message prefix for Hercules. All Hercules messages will have
- specifies the function that issued the message, from the following list:
- Communication Adapter emulation
- Configuration file processing
- CPU emulation
- Channel-to-channel adapter emulation
- CCKD utility
- DASD emulation (both CKD and FBA)
- DASD utilities common functions
- Hercules Dynamic Loader
- HTTP server
hercifc (Network interface configuration handler)
- Hercules initialization
- LCS emulation
- System Log functions
- Hercules control panel command messages
- Printer emulation
- Card punch emulation
- Card reader emulation
- Socket devices common functions
- Tape device emulation
- 1052 and 3270 terminal emulation
- TOD Clock and Timer Services
- TUN/TAP driver support
- VM/CP emulation facility
- Specific message number, assigned more or less sequentially.
- Message severity:
- Severe error. Causes immediate termination of Hercules.
- Error. The function being requested did not execute correctly, but
Hercules should continue running.
- Warning. Not necessarily an error, but something to take note of and
- Information. General messages that do not require any further action.
- Action. You need to do something.
- Message text.
You may look up any message by following the link from the function
identifier in the above list.
If you have a question about Hercules, see the
Hercules Frequently-Asked Questions page.
Last updated $Date: 2007-10-02 15:37:11 -0500 (Tue, 02 Oct 2007) $ $Revision: 4452 $